AMC Southern New Hampshire Trail Guide (5th Edition) - Book updates
Return to main book page
- Page 151, Elwell Trail — In 2021, a short section of the trail just west of its junction with Back 80 Trail was relocated to bypass a steep and slippery ledge slab.
- Page 159, Little Roundtop Trails — A logging operation on the northwest slope of Little Roundtop in early 2021 has restored the view toward Bristol and the White Mtns. beyond.
- Page 201, Neville Peak and Epsom Town Forest — The winter/overflow parking at the junction of Tarlton Rd. and Mountain Rd. has now been posted no parking due to overcrowding. The town of Epsom is proposing to expand the existing official parking lot and improve the Class VI section of Tarlton Rd. that leads to it.
- Page 207, Oak Hill Summit Loop — The views from Swope Slope Vista have been opened up by logging.
- Page 209, Jerry Hill and Swope Park in-text map — The far left side should say "to West End Farm Trail and Dimond Hill Farm".
- Page 218, Whiteface Mtn. (Wolfeboro) — A memorial plaque on a boulder now marks the start of the trail from the parking area.
- Page 223, Ossipee Mtns. parking — In spring 2021, LRCT constructed additional parking in the lower field across from the original hiker parking lot at the top of Ossipee Park Rd.
- Page 258, East Gilford Trail — This trail now leaves from a new parking area located on private land (1,080 ft.) off Wood Rd. which was constructed in 2020. The former parking area has been closed and parking is still prohibited along Wood Rd. and Bickford Rd. From this new parking (still firmly restricted to five numbered spaces), a new section of East Gilford Trail has been cut to connect to a point just south of the old trailhead. This adds 0.2 mi. and 70 ft. elevation gain.